The educational, physical and mental health benefits of visiting zoos and enjoying nature are well known. Edinburgh Zoo has large outdoor spaces and we have put all of the required safety measures in place for our staff, animals and visitors. This means we can continue to provide a safe, outdoor environment for visitors from across the UK.
- Limiting visitor numbers with advanced online booking required
- Frequent cleaning in high contact areas and additional hygiene precautions
- Adding and signposting handwashing and hand sanitiser stations around the park
- Introducing one-way routes in some areas so different households can stay 2m apart
- Keeping limited areas and walkthroughs closed
- Postponing all keeper talks, feeds of the day and penguin parade to avoid crowds
- Opening our cafes for limited services with card payments
- In line with government guidance, face coverings mandatory in all indoor areas, including our admissions building and gift shop.
We are doing everything we can to make the zoo safe for everyone which means your visit will be different to normal.
Toilets and playparks are open with additional cleaning and hygiene measures in place. There will also be added portaloos around the zoo.
If you, or anyone in your household, are showing covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home.