Latest visitor information
Edinburgh Zoo is open seven days a week to visitors from across the UK in line with current Scottish Government guidance.
Your visit will be different to normal as we take measures to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals.
For the latest visitor information, please visit our FAQ page.
During the summer we are running several After Hours events on selected nights. This means last entry is 4.30pm with the park closing at 5.30pm on 5, 11, 12, 25 and 26 June, 2, 3, 16, 17, 23 and 24 July and 7, 13 and 14 August.
||Without donation||With donation|
- Please note children 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- The prices with donation include a voluntary 10% donation towards RZSS conservation projects.
Car parking - FREE until further notice
|Coaches (or free by arrangement)||£20.00|
*RZSS members must show a valid membership card on arrival at the car park
All caravans, motor homes and camper vans will be charged per the size of car parking space used and available.
We welcome groups of all sizes, whether you are arranging a family gathering, youth club outing, or coach party, we have a package to suit your needs
15 - 100
15 - 100
|Child 3 – 15 Years||£10.00||£9.00||£10.50||£9.00|
|Child (Under 3)||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
If you would like to make a group booking please contact Reception on 0131 314 0378 or email email@example.com
Like the sound of unlimited entry, fast-track access and discounts in our shops and eateries?
Click here to discover more about RZSS Membership...
|Child (3-15 yrs)||£35.00||£31.50|
Members' guest tickets*
*The prices above include a voluntary 10% donation to our various conservation projects.
For information and pricing for education bookings please click here
Be a Gift Aid visitor!
Edinburgh Zoo is owned by the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS), a wildlife conservation charity devoted to connecting people to nature and safeguarding threatening species.
All tickets include an optional donation of 10% - by choosing to make this donation, you can help to protect endangered animals here in Scotland and around the world!
The government supports charities like RZSS with a scheme called Gift Aid, which allows us to claim back the tax on your donation. It is worth 25p for every £1 to us if you are a UK taxpayer, and is at no extra cost to you. By donating today you ensure that we receive up to 3 times your original donation from the government.
* For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
* Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hill, so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
* Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the zoo's stated closing time.
* Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
* For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
** Eligibility for concessions:
- Full time students only with valid student ID featuring a valid expiry date
- Young Scot cards
- Unemployed person with proof, such as a letter from DSS or a post office card
- Senior citizens, aged over 65
- Blue badge holders