Edinburgh Zoo will reopen on Monday 29 June 2020 with reduced opening hours
EVERYONE must book a timeslot online in advance and the zoo will close at 5pm. Read our FAQs for more information about the wide range of safety measures in place to protect you, our staff and our animals.
While we are very excited to be able to start welcoming visitors back, this is still an incredibly difficult time for our charity. You can help care for our animals and protect threatened species in Scotland and around the world - find out how
Normal opening hours
We are usually open every day of the year, with the exception of Christmas Day, and last entry to the zoo is one hour before closing time.
Please note that some areas, including Koala Territory and Wee Beasties, have restricted opening times - ask on arrival for details.
Check our 'plan your visit' page for the latest information, including any changes to opening hours.
|Seasonal opening times:|
|April - September||10.00am to 6.00pm|
|October & March||10.00am to 5.00pm|
|November - February||10.00am to 4.00pm|
RZSS Members' Gate - closed until further notice
RZSS Members can gain fast track entry through our Members Gate, located at the top left of the main car park and you must provide a valid membership card to gain access through this gate.
The Members gate is normally open from 10am between 1 April - 30 September, local school holidays, and weekends (excluding Christmas Day). Please note that the gate closes 1 hour before the Zoo closing time.
Not an RZSS Member? Like the sound of unlimited entry, fast-track access and discounts in our shops and eateries? Find out how you could save money and support our global conversation efforts!
- For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
- Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hillside so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
- Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the Zoo's stated closing time.
- Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
- For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.