We are open every day of the year, with the exception of Christmas Day. Last entry to the Zoo is 1 hour before closing time, so please arrive early to make the most of your day with us. Please note that some of our exhibits such as Koala Territory and Wee Beasties run restricted opening times in addition to our general site opening hours below. Please ask on arrival for details on availability.
|Seasonal opening times:|
|April - September||10.00am to 6.00pm|
|October & March||10.00am to 5.00pm|
|November - February||10.00am to 4.00pm|
Save up to 10% when you book online:
RZSS Members' Gate
RZSS Members can gain fast track entry through our Members Gate, located at the top left of the main car park and you must provide a valid membership card to gain access through this gate.
The Members gate is open from 10am between 1 April - 30 September, local school holidays, and weekends (excluding Christmas Day). Please note that the gate closes 1 hour before the Zoo closing time.
Not an RZSS Member? Like the sound of unlimited entry, fast-track access and discounts in our shops and eateries? Find out how you could save money and support our global conversation efforts!
Autumn/Winter Opening Notices:
- For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
- Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hillside so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
- Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the Zoo's stated closing time.
- Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
- For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.