Latest visitor information
Edinburgh Zoo is open seven days a week to visitors from across the UK in line with current Scottish Government guidance.
Your visit will be different to normal as we take measures to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals.
For the latest visitor information, please visit our FAQ page.
We plan to be open every day of the year, with the exception of Christmas Day, and last entry to the zoo is one hour before closing time.
Please note that some areas, including Koala Territory, have restricted opening times - ask on arrival for details.
During the summer we are running several After Hours events on selected nights. This means last entry is 4.30pm with the park closing at 5.30pm on 5, 11, 12, 25 and 26 June, 2, 3, 16, 17, 23 and 24 July and 7, 13 and 14 August.
|Seasonal opening times:|
|April - September||
10.00am to 6.00pm
|October & March||10.00am to 5.00pm|
|November - February||10.00am to 4.00pm|
RZSS Members' Gate
RZSS Members can gain fast track entry through our Members Gate, located at the top left of the main car park and you must provide a valid membership card to gain access through this gate.
The Members gate is normally open from 10am between 1 April - 30 September, local school holidays, and weekends (excluding Christmas Day). Please note that the gate closes 1 hour before the Zoo closing time.
Not an RZSS Member? Like the sound of unlimited entry, fast-track access and discounts in our shops and eateries? Find out how you could save money and support our global conversation efforts!
- For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
- Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hillside so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
- Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the Zoo's stated closing time.
- Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
- For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.