Sadly, Edinburgh Zoo is now closed until further notice. This follows the latest government advice on coronavirus and social distancing.
This is a very challenging time. Almost all of our income comes from our visitors and our food bill alone is £55,000 every month. If you were planning on having a great day out this spring at the zoo, you can still purchase admission tickets and use them later this year. With your help we can look after the animals now and we'll look forward to seeing you when we reopen!
We are usually open every day of the year, with the exception of Christmas Day, and last entry to the zoo is one hour before closing time.
Please note that some areas, including Koala Territory and Wee Beasties, have restricted opening times in addition to our general site opening hours below - ask on arrival for details.
Check our 'plan your visit' page for the latest information, including any changes to opening hours.
|Seasonal opening times:|
|April - September||10.00am to 6.00pm|
|October & March||10.00am to 5.00pm|
|November - February||10.00am to 4.00pm|
RZSS Members' Gate
RZSS Members can gain fast track entry through our Members Gate, located at the top left of the main car park and you must provide a valid membership card to gain access through this gate.
The Members gate is open from 10am between 1 April - 30 September, local school holidays, and weekends (excluding Christmas Day). Please note that the gate closes 1 hour before the Zoo closing time.
Not an RZSS Member? Like the sound of unlimited entry, fast-track access and discounts in our shops and eateries? Find out how you could save money and support our global conversation efforts!
Autumn/Winter Opening Notices:
- For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
- Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hillside so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
- Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the Zoo's stated closing time.
- Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
- For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.