We hope that you have a great day out with us. In order for you to make the most of your day and in the interests of safety we would like to advise you of the following:
Edinburgh Zoo is owned by The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS). We are based at 134 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh EH12 6TS. You can contact us by email at [email protected].
- Tickets are valid for one entry to Edinburgh Zoo and one panda viewing session where available. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party.
- For the purposes of ticket purchases, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) Adult means a person aged from 18 years old to 59 years old inclusive.
(b) Student means a person aged from 16 to 17 years.
(c) Child means a person aged from 3 years old to 15 years old inclusive.
Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 years or older.
Infant means a child aged 2 years old or under.
(d) Concession means a Senior Citizen, Student or unemployed person, valid proof is required (Young Scot Cards will not be counted as proof of student status). Senior Citizen means a person aged from 60 years old. Student means a person who is in full time education.
(e) Disability means a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on a person’s ability to do normal daily activities within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010.
(f) Carer means a person who accompanies a Disabled person for the purpose of providing them necessary support and assistance with accessibility to the Zoo. A maximum of one carer is permitted to enter Edinburgh Zoo free of charge when accompanying someone with additional needs.
(g) Group means a group of 15 or more paying people, including Adults, Children or concessions.
Proof of entitlement for certain ticket types may be required for entry (for example, valid dated student card).
Donations and Gift Aid
- When you purchase an admission ticket , you are given the option to contribute a 10% donation towards our conservation work which enables us to reclaim tax paid on your ticket through the Government’s gift aid scheme (Gift Aid).
- By selecting the option to add Gift Aid when you make a purchase, you confirm to us that you:
(a) are a UK tax payer and have paid Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April inclusive) that is at least equivalent to the amount that you are donating to us;
(b) understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not apply;
(c) understand that RZSS will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 donated; and
(d) acknowledge that the tickets or other Service purchased with Gift Aid are for the benefit of you and members or your family who live at the same address only
- In accordance with the Charities Act 2011, donations may be refunded.
- It is the purchaser's responsibility to check prior to the conclusion of the purchase that the information supplied in respect of the online ticket is accurate. If inaccurate information is supplied this may result in additional charges or voiding of the online ticket.
- Any additional visitors wishing to enter Edinburgh Zoo with someone who has purchased online tickets will be required to pay the standard entrance fees.
- Online tickets must be purchased by midnight the day before the intended visit date and must only be used on the day selected at time of purchase.
- One online ticket date change is permitted provided 48 hours’ advance notice is given. This is subject to a £4 administration fee. Please note, panda viewing slots cannot be guaranteed on any rescheduled dates.
- Online tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional or discount offers.
- Pre-booked entry to Edinburgh Zoo and a Giant Panda Viewing will only be granted on presentation of a print at home ticket; either printed on A4 paper with barcodes clearly visible or shown on a smart phone. These tickets are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Online ticket purchasers are reminded that for operational, technical, safety or animal welfare reasons any advertised exhibit or attraction, or any of the on-site facilities may be closed, removed, altered or otherwise unavailable at any time. Edinburgh Zoo reserves the right to alter or cancel any presentation or feeding time without notice if required.
- Tickets bought online are non-refundable and non-transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party.
- Online tickets are subject to the the general terms and conditions of entry to Edinburgh Zoo detailed on this page.
- Admission to the Zoo will only be permitted up to one hour before the Zoo’s closing time, with the exception of Members who will be permitted admission up to half an hour before the Zoo’s closing time.
- No child under the age of 15 years will be admitted to the Zoo unless they are accompanied by someone aged 16 years or above. All such children must remain under the control or supervision of this responsible person at all times whilst on the Zoo premises.
- No dogs or other pets shall be permitted entry to the Zoo, with the exception of fully trained guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs which are permitted in certain areas of the Zoo. Assistance dogs in training are not permitted to enter.
- Re-entry to the Zoo following admission is not permitted without our consent.
- We do not guarantee that any particular animal will be visible during your visit.
- The giant pandas may be taken off show, at any point, without notice. We regret that in this situation, it will not be possible to honour a pre booked slot.
- Giant Panda viewing time slots are subject to availability. There is no charge for Giant Panda viewing.
- We cannot guarantee that the Giant Pandas will be on show whilst you are visiting the exhibit.
- You must arrive at the Giant panda enclosure at least 5 minutes before the time slot you have selected. If you miss your booked time it is very unlikely that we will be able to reallocate another slot.
- Children under 3 years are admitted free to Edinburgh Zoo however please include them when booking a Giant Panda viewing slot.
Code of Conduct
Please respect our animal's welfare and your safety by observing the following code of conduct:
- Please do not feed the animals, climb on walls or cross barriers.
- Please do not bang on windows at exhibits.
- For safety reasons we do not allow barbecues, balls or balloons in the park.
- To ensure a pleasant day for all visitors, please do not use radios, scooters, bikes, rollerblades, rollerskates or hoverboards in the Park.
- Visitors wearing costumes may be asked to remove them. This also applies to animal onesies.
- In the interests of safety no glass items including wine and beer bottles or ice cream sticks are allowed in Edinburgh Zoo.
- The RZSS reserves the right to refuse admission or remove from the park without a refund.
- In line with current Scottish Executive legislation, Edinburgh Zoo prohibits smoking inside, or at the doorways to, any of our buildings.
- Alcohol is not permitted to be brought onto site, and anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be removed from the park and where necessary, the emergency services called.
- We will not tolerate the use of threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards our staff or other visitors on site.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions, we may have to close Edinburgh Zoo. Should this happen, we will transfer your tickets to a convenient revisit date.
- Please note that both Edinburgh Zoo and Highland Wildlife Park are strictly no fly zones. This includes drones which are strictly forbidden without the express written permission of the Communications and Animals departments.
- If you are a member of the press and have a filming request please contact [email protected] prior to scheduling your visit. Members of the press will not be admitted without a prior appointment.
- We encourage visitors to take and share photos during their visit to our parks, however, for the welfare of our animals and your safety it is essential that visitors respect the barriers and warning signage around both sites. Any visitor witnessed bypassing barriers, hanging over enclosures, including the use of selfie sticks or other equipment, risks being ejected from the site with no refund being given.
- Only persons or organisations authorised by us are permitted to sell or offer for sale any goods or services to visitors on the Zoo premises.
- The use of drones and other flying objects is prohibited.
- All cars and motorbikes are chargeable at £4.00 per space when parking during Zoo opening hours.
- If your vehicle is large and requires more than one space to park, you will be charged for the number of spaces used.
- Any vehicles (caravans, motor homes etc.) must disconnect any gas supply whilst in our car park.
- No dogs, or other animals, are permitted to be left in vehicles whilst parked in our car park.
- We cannot take responsibility for any damage or loss to your vehicle.
- RZSS members must show a valid membership card to receive discounted parking.
- RZSS members with a car parking pass must show this, along with a valid membership card, to receive free parking.
- Parking is free for coaches when a minimum of 10 passengers are visiting the Zoo. Please bring documentary evidence to support this. A charge of £20.00 applies to all coaches who use our car park out-with these terms. A full copy of our coach parking guidelines are available on request.
- Parking for blue badge holders is free of charge, please present your badge to our car park attendant on arrival. 10 accessible spaces are available at the lower end of our car park.
- All parking spaces, including those for coaches, are allocated on a first come first served basis and cannot be guaranteed.
From time to time we and third parties to whom we have provided authority may take photographs and/or video recordings of the Zoo premises, including the car parks and surrounding areas, as well as events, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Terms, you agree that RZSS or any authorised third party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that all copyright and any other intellectual property rights that subsist in or arise out of these materials shall be absolutely owned by us or such authorised third party (subject to our agreement) as the case may be.
- You acknowledge that you will be liable to us for any damage caused by you to the site or to any of its contents or for any injury caused to any of our staff or representatives or to other visitors during your visit. You also agree that:
- Where you are the Responsible Adult, you shall also be liable for all children that you accompany; and
- Where you are the Organiser of a Group, you shall be jointly for any damage caused by the visitors in your Group.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or by that of our employees or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law be excluded or limited:
- We exclude our liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered by you or occurring to any items belonging to you as a result of your visit; and
- Our liability to you shall be limited to the price of your Admission. Under no circumstances will we be liable to you or to any third party for any consequential or indirect loss, damage or expense.
- We will not be liable for any breaches of the Conditions arising from any event outside our control, including (but not limited to) fire, flood, storm, or strikes.