Edinburgh Zoo Nights - Advance Tickets Now on Sale
Edinburgh Zoo Nights is back for 2015!
Edinburgh Zoo Nights is an adult-only event where you can enjoy street food and drinks in a relaxed atmosphere, wander round and see the animals after hours and enjoy a host of additional entertainment to kick start your Friday night.
This year will see the return of the ever-popular silent disco, comedy performances, face painting, animal talks, animal encounters and live music. Plus a dazzling array of street food stalls and bars serving up champagne, bratwursts, noodles, Pimm’s, hot salmon, BBQ, desserts and much more…
New for 2015!
A host of musical and physical entertainment to add something special and unique to your night – more details will be announced soon. Plus, visit our “science centre” for some fantastic interactive activities based around the conservation, science and educational work carried out by the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland.
What does my ticket cost cover?
Your ticket gives you entry to the Zoo from 6pm to 10pm. You will be able to walk around the Zoo as you would in the day, plus you get all the entertainment unique to the Zoo Nights events.
Not included in the ticket price are food and drink, which are available to buy on the night. Additional charges apply for face painting and official photographs which are optional extras.
Are group discounts available?
A 10% discount on tickets is available for groups of 10 people or more. Please contact email@example.com for a discount code.
Can I bring food and drink?
Sorry, no external food or drink is allowed at the events and bag searches will be in operation. We have a huge variety of food and drink available to buy at the event or you can pre-order vouchers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I see the pandas?
The Edinburgh Zoo Nights events fall in a crucial time in the panda breeding season. In order to minimise disruption, the pandas will NOT be on show on any of the four nights. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Which animals will I see?
All of the animal enclosures will be open, however some will be more active than others in the evening so you may not see some of those who are early to bed. Please note that the top of the park and some enclosures will close at 9pm, including the big cats, koalas and chimps.
What should I wear?
Please bear in mind the Zoo is predominantly outdoors and on a steep hill. So please dress appropriately.
What happens if it rains?
The event will go ahead if it rains. Make sure you check the weather forecast in advance and dress appropriately. The event would only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions, including high winds – in which case attendees will be contacted by email.
What provision is there for disabled access?
The Zoo is fully accessible for wheelchairs, but please note that we are situated on a steep hill. Wheelchairs are available to borrow from the Zoo. There will be a disabled access vehicle in operation at the events for use by visitors with mobility issues only. If you require this service, please contact a member of staff in the main reception on arrival and we will make the appropriate arrangements.
Disabled carers can come to the event for free – please contact email@example.com for a carer ticket.
I have luggage, where can I leave it?
We have a small number of lockers at the Zoo where you can leave bags. We don’t have facilities to take large suitcases.
When should I arrive and leave?
Doors will open at 6pm, with last entry at 8pm. We ask all visitors to please leave the zoo quietly by 10pm
Are there cash machines on site?
No there are no cash machines on site. Some of the restaurants and kiosks take card payments, but please bring cash with you to avoid any disappointment.
Terms and conditions
• Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be changed for any other tickets.
• Adults only (over 18s). Please bring ID with you on the night. If you do not bring ID and we think you might be underage, you will not be allowed into the event.
• No external food and drink allowed in the park. Bag searches will be in operation on the night.
• Please don’t come in costume or wear masks around the animals – they don’t like it!
• Edinburgh Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry to any intoxicated guests, or to ask guests to leave the park due to inappropriate behaviour.
• The Zoo will close at 10pm, with drinks served until 9.30pm.
• The top of the park and some animal enclosures will close at 9pm.
• Normal Zoo event terms and conditions apply.
• In the event of cancellation, you will be issued a full refund.
• We want you to have fun, but ask you to please be sensible and respect the animals. Please refrain from:
o loud noises
o banging on windows
o feeding the animals
o smoking in the enclosures
o dropping litter
o touching any of the animals
Travel and Accommodation
• There will be free parking on the night
• If you are using public transport, please visit our How to Get Here page.
• If you are travelling from further afield and would like some recommendations for nearby accommodation, please visit our hotels and accommodation page.
Pre-order food and drink vouchers!
A range of food and drink vouchers are available to pre-order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Watch our video from 2014!
See what the guests throught of the Edinburgh Zoo Nights Experience: