Edinburgh Zoo Nights
Join us for a carnival!
Edinburgh Zoo Nights is the biggest and best evening summer spectacular in town! Roll-up, roll-up, cause we’re off to the carnival. Join us for an adult only festival of wonder and amusement after hours at your iconic city Zoo. This year’s event will bring you:
Fun at the carnival // live entertainment // meet the keeper at exclusive talks and keeper Q&As // street food and drink // silent disco // pop-up science stations // face painting // quirky photo opportunities // and much more…
Watch our video!
Travel and Accommodation
- If you are using public transport, please visit our How to Get Here page.
- If you are travelling from further afield and would like some recommendations for nearby accommodation, please visit our hotels and accommodation page.
Terms and conditions
We want you to have fun, but ask you to please be sensible and respect the animals. Please refrain from:
- - Loud noises
- - Banging on windows
- - Feeding the animals
- - Smoking in the enclosures
- - Dropping litter
- - Touching any of the animals
From time to time we and third parties to whom we have provided authority may take photographs and/or video recordings of the Zoo premises, including the car parks and surrounding areas, as well as events, which may feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket to the event, you are accepting these Terms, and you agree that RZSS or any authorised third party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that all copyright and any other intellectual property rights that subsist in or arise out of these materials shall be absolutely owned by us or such authorised third party (subject to our agreement) as the case may be.
- - In the event of cancellation, you will be issued a full refund.
- - The top of the park closes at 9pm. Some animal enclosures will close early.
- - The Zoo will close at 10pm, with drinks served until 9.30pm.
- - Edinburgh Zoo reserves the right to refuse entry to any intoxicated guests, or to ask guests to leave the park due to inappropriate behaviour.
- - Please don’t come in costume or wear masks around the animals – they don’t like it!
- - No external food and drink allowed in the Zoo. Bag searches will be in operation on the night.
- - The food and drink voucher gives you one item of food to the value of six pounds (this will include items such as burgers, bratwurst, pies, sushi, pizza, and more) and either one beer (330ml), a glass of wine (175ml), an Edinburgh Gin and tonic (25ml measure) or any soft drink. The vouchers can be redeemed at any of the food and drink stalls at a Zoo Nights event. They are only valid for the date of your purchased ticket. Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferrable. No credit or cash will be given if the value of the food is less than six pounds.
- - Adults only (over 18s). Please bring ID with you on the night. If you do not bring ID and we think you might be underage, you will not be allowed into the event.
- - Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for event bookings should you no longer be able to attend.
- - As with any trip to the Zoo, we cannot guarantee that any particular animal will be on show during events.
- - RZSS reserves the right to refuse admission.
- - Edinburgh Zoo reserves the right to change or update event timings and content up to and on the day of the event.
- - Edinburgh Zoo reserves the right to cancel events up to and on the day of the event, for example in the case of animal welfare or poor weather conditions.
- - Standard Zoo entry terms and conditions apply.