The Giant Panda Exhibit
Visit Tian Tian and Yang Guang
RZSS Edinburgh Zoo is home to the only giant pandas in the UK. The female is called Tian Tian (Sweetie) and the male is Yang Guang (Sunshine).
Both pandas have identical, but separate indoor and outdoor enclosures as giant pandas are entirely solitary animals that only meet during breeding season once a year.
The outdoor enclosures feature tree trunks for the pandas to scratch against and climb; large wooden climbing frames and tree houses; caves and ponds. The indoor enclosures, where they often choose to sleep, include raised wooden platforms and hammocks.
Each panda also has an off show area where keepers weigh the pandas each morning, carrying out important daily training.
Please note: The indoor viewing will only be open during periods when the pandas choose to be indoors.
Visiting the Giant Pandas
Important information to help you make the most of your visit
* If you would like to see the giant pandas, please note that entry is time-ticketed and spaces are limited. We would advise booking in advance to avoid disappointment
* Each viewing slot lasts 15 - 20 minutes but we cannot guarantee that either panda will be on show at any one time
* Tickets can be booked in advance, up until midnight on the day before your intended visit. These must be used on the day selected at time of purchase
* As well as online tickets, there is also an allocation of walk up tickets available each day on a first come basis
* Please have a print out of your ticket or have it pre-loaded on your device ready to show our staff on arrival
* Due to any unforeseen animal welfare issues viewing slots may be suspended without notice and at anytime
* No flash photography is allowed in the giant panda exhibit. Please make sure you know how to turn your flash off.
* The pandas are active both day and night. As their activity patterns can vary each day and with the changing seasons, there is no guarantee that they will be active at a particular time
* For further information about visiting Edinburgh Zoo, including maps, directions and accommodation options, please visit our Visitor Information page