The Giant Panda Exhibit
Visit Tian Tian and Yang Guang
RZSS Edinburgh Zoo is home to the only giant pandas in the UK. The female is called Tian Tian (Sweetie) and the male is Yang Guang (Sunshine).
Both pandas have identical, but separate enclosures as giant pandas are entirely solitary animals that only meet during breeding season once a year.
The outdoor enclosures feature tree trunks for the pandas to scratch against and climb; large wooden climbing frames and tree houses; caves and ponds.
Each panda also has an off show area where keepers weigh the pandas each morning, carrying out important daily training.
Visiting the Giant Pandas
Important information to help you make the most of your visit
* Please note that between 1 November 2017 and 31 March 2018 there will be no requirement to book a viewing time slot for pandas. A free flow system will be in place during this time.
* Due to any unforeseen animal welfare issues animal exhibits may be closed to visitors without notice and at anytime
* No flash photography is allowed in the giant panda exhibit. Please make sure you know how to turn your flash off.
* The pandas are active both day and night. As their activity patterns can vary each day and with the changing seasons, there is no guarantee that they will be active at a particular time
* For further information about visiting Edinburgh Zoo, including maps, directions and accommodation options, please visit our Visitor Information page
- * Don't forget you can save when you book in advance online!