Plan Your Visit to Edinburgh Zoo
We are open every day of the year, including Christmas Day, from 9am until:
|6.00pm||April - Sept.|
|5.00pm||Oct. & March|
|4.30pm||Nov. - Feb.|
How you can help
The natural world needs our help...and we need yours! Please consider making a donation to support our conservation, education and research work, both within our parks and across the world.
Edinburgh Zoo Centenary... Join the Celebrations!
Join us throughout the year as we celebrate the centenary with a host of exciting events:
- Centenary Screenings - every Tuesday, we will show documentaries and footage filmed in or about the Zoo
- Animal Birthdays - we'll be celebrating some key animal birthdays this year
- Edinburgh Zoo Centenary Exhibition - Central Library George IV Bridge April and May, before coming to the Zoo
- The Role of Vets in Zoological Collections in the Future - Vet talk, 2 April
- Enrichment Day - 7 April
- Jungle Rhyme and Song session for 0 - 4 year olds - Central Childrens Library, 15 April 10:30am - 11am
- Jungle Crafts and a Jungle Quiz - Paper crafts, badge making and animal quiz for 4-12 year olds. Drop in for 2 weeks, wk beg 15 April and wk beg 22 April, in Central Childrens Library
- Andrew Balmford Centenary Lecture - Central Library, 23 April
- Jungle Stories - for 3-5 year olds, in Central Children's Library on 30 April
- Wild Workshop - family event at the Central Library, 11 May
- Penguins! - Zoo Keepers give a centenary lecture at the Central Library, 14 May
- Edinburgh Zoo Nights - Late opening of the Zoo with entertainment. Adult only event, 24 May and 28 June
- Andrew Whiten Centenary Lecture - 20 June
- Sand Zoo! - Life sized centenary animals made in sand, July and August
- 100 Years, 100 Prizes - Prize giveaway for our official birthday, 22 July
- Lee Durrell Centenary Lecture - 3 October
- Doug Allan Centenary Lecture - date TBC
- Lena Linden Centenary Lecture (Highland Wildlife Park) - date TBC
We would like you to share your zoo memories with us. The aim is to find a memory from 100 local people each born over the 100 years of the zoo.
Visit our Zoo memories page to find out how you can share your memories with us.