Book a Hotel!
Find the perfect place to stay during your visit to Edinburgh and the Zoo!
Become a Member
Our membership package comes with lots of benefits including a year's unlimited free entry to both our parks!
You can join by post, phone or even today on the website.
Visiting Edinburgh Zoo:
We hope you have a great day out with us and would like to highlight the following:
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Numbers for each viewing session are limited so pre-booking is essential
- Viewing the Edinburgh Zoo Giant Pandas is free but ticketed.
- We allow 30 minutes for the whole panda experience, with groups being led through each viewing area every 10 minutes.
- Depending on the location of the pandas, viewings can range between 10 and 20 minutes.
- In extreme weather conditions we may have to close Edinburgh Zoo.
- Due to any unforeseen animal welfare issues viewing sessions may be suspended without notice.
- During certain points of the day, the pandas will be taken off-show for short periods of time. We will alternate this so there is always one panda on-show.
- Children under 3 years are admitted free to Edinburgh Zoo but must be booked into a panda time slot
- All Giant Panda viewing slot tickets have to be printed before coming to the Zoo. Print must be clearly legible. Please Note: There are no printing facilities at Edinburgh Zoo
- Online Tickets must be bought by midnight on the day before your intended visit and used on the day selected at the time of purchase.
- No flash photography is allowed whilst in the panda experience.
- Visitors with panda tickets are entitled to enter the zoo at any time during our normal opening hours.
Tickets are currently available until 31st January 2014. Before booking please review our full terms and conditions.
To guarantee viewing and avoid disappointment
A limited number of panda viewing tickets are released each morning.
These are available on a first come first serve basis from the main entrance and are only valid on the day of purchase. Early arrival is recommended.
Arrangements for Members
Our Members will still need to pre-book their time slot. This should be done through logging on through the RZSS Members Forum.
For reference this area is not available to members of another zoo or for corporate ticket holders.
Arrangements for Corporate Ticket Holders
Corporate ticket holders will be issued details of their own dedicated ticketing page for online bookings.
Travel and transport
Parking is available at Edinburgh Zoo. However, we cannot guarantee a space on your arrival due to anticipated demand
To avoid missing your allocated time slot please leave plenty of travel time as we cannot guarantee re-allocating a new time slot
During the day, some parking can also be found within the vicinity of the Zoo but please note space is limited due to the residential nature of our location
Edinburgh Zoo can be easily accessed via public transport. For more details please visit our how to find us page.
For more information: