We are open every day of the year including Christmas Day. Last entry to the Zoo is 1 hour before closing time, so please arrive early to make the most of an unforgettable experience. Please note that our animal houses close up to 30 minutes before the following closing times:
|9.00am to 6.00pm
|| April - September
|9.00am to 5.00pm
|| October & March
| 9.00am to 4.30pm
|| November - February
*Please note: Viewing for the giant pandas is free but time-ticketed. You must book your viewing slot at the same time as you buy your ticket to guarantee viewing.
*Please be aware that on the 23 May, 6 June, 20 June and 27 June the Zoo will close an hour early at 5pm, with last entry at 4pm.
- Skytrail will only be open, weather permitting, on the weekends from September.
WINTER WEATHER: If weather conditions are snowy or icy, please call on 0131 334 9171 before your visit to make sure that the Zoo is open.
- For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
- Edinburgh Zoo is located on a hillside so we recommend that visitors wear comfortable footwear.
- Some of our indoor enclosures / attractions may open later than the stated opening time and may close 30 minutes prior to the Zoo's stated closing time.
- Dogs are not permitted into Edinburgh Zoo as they can cause stress to some of our animals. We only permit guide-dogs for the visually impaired.
- For the safety of other visitors and our animals, we reserve the right to refuse admission to any visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
> Terms and conditions of entry to Edinburgh Zoo